At Additions and Addtec we pride ourselves on ensuring that as a candidate you are fully prepared (helped by us), for every interview we arrange for you. In addition to the detailed 'Briefing Packs' you will receive from us there are some useful tips below...
- Know who you’re meeting, where they are and how to get there.
- Find out as much background information as you can – read company information, visit websites and read trade magazines.
- Prepare a response to the question “what do you know about us?”.
- Study the job specification so that you can provide evidence that you meet the job requirement.
- First impressions are important so remember to greet the interviewer with a smile and a firm handshake.
- Remember the names of your interviewers so that you can address them personally throughout and at the end of the interview.
- Make sure you have eye contact with the person asking the questions - but don’t exclude other interviewers.
- Concentrate and listen to the questions.
- Take your time when answering and try to support your answers with relevant information from your experience.
- Be positive and show enthusiasm for the position.
- Do not speak negatively of other people or companies – it makes you look unprofessional.
QUESTIONS TO YOU
These are examples of some of the questions that you may be asked, so prepare some responses beforehand!
- Why do you want to work here?
- What would you like to be doing five years from now?
- What is your greatest accomplishment so far?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- How would your current manager describe you?
- What qualities can you bring to the role?
QUESTIONS TO THE INTERVIEWER
Another opportunity to show your enthusiasm and interest in the job!
Some examples are…
- What training is available?
- What would be my main responsibilities?
- What opportunities are there for development / progression within the company?
- Who will I report to?
- Do the company have any plans for expansion?
- Is there any one off projects that I might be given?
- Thank the interviewers for their time and shake hands.
- Remember to acknowledge the receptionist when you leave - their opinion of you may count!
- Give your consultant a call with your feedback – they can deal with any queries or questions you may have and can reiterate to the client your enthusiasm and desire for the post.